Get Source MSI:
- Download 32bit Java Offline Installer.
- Launch the Install file but do not click anything on the Welcome to Java window.
- Go to your temp files LocalLow folder – C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre<version>
- Copy the entire JRE folder (not just the .MSI) to some network location that all staff can access.
- Download and install ORCA.MSI (http://www.urtech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Orca.zip or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255905).
- Launch ORCA Click File, Open and select the jre<version>.MSI file.
- Make the following changes, then overwrite the source msi.
|Table||Property||Original Value||Proposed Value||Description|
|Property||JAVAUPDATE||1||0||All three need to be changed to completely disable Java automatic updates.|
|Property||IEXPLORER||0||1||Activates Internet Explorer plugin|
|Property||SYSTRAY||1||0||Disables system tray icon when Java applets are active.|
|Property||RebootYesNo||Yes||No||Suppresses the need to reboot – not affected by GPO that I’m aware of but does when installed manually.|
|Property||EULA||0||1||I leave this setting to 0, however if you are installing it via the msiexec through cmd prompt you may need to set this to 1 to install without interuptions.|
Now deploy MSI via GPO.